Friday, October 31, 2008

Part-Time Job

Mid-October, I decided to apply for a part-time job nights and weekends. I figured Countryside Mall would be the best place to look since it's so close to home and I could look at several jobs in one location. I was determined not to leave until I had filled out at least five applications but on my second application (at Victoria's Secret) I got an offer for an interview the next day, so I figured I could call it quits.

I honestly didn't think I'd get the job because I have no retail experience whatsoever but I did. I think it's working out pretty well.

I went to a mandatory meeting just two days after my initial training and was pleasantly surprised to find out that I was going home with two of the bras that were in focus for the month, a pair of panties and a bottle of the newest fragrance - all for free! One of the bras has already become my absolute favorite! I can see why they give the associates a free one. It makes it easy to sell when we experience it personally. I was really surprised at how much I like the perfume, too. Normally, I don't wear perfume because I don't like strong scents but it's a light fragrance and I love it!

The job does require a lot of standing for long periods of time and it's taking some getting used to. My back is not used to so much demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment