Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sing-A-Long With Great-Grammy

My mom and I brought the kids up to see their Great-Grammy Cain (and the family rocking horse, "Calgon") August 1st. My grandmother lives with my Aunt Candy and Uncle Lee in Wesley Chapel so we don't get to see her very often. The kids loved playing with my Aunt's dog, a rather large labrador named Riley, rocking on the huge rocking horse named Calgon and singing "Horace, the Horse" while my grandmother played it on the piano. My dad's side of the family has always been very big into the old-fashioned sing-along and have spent many hours gathered around my grandmother playing the piano, singing songs most people have never even heard.

For those who have not had the pleasure of hearing "Horace, the Horse" belted out by a large family over enthusiastic piano accompaniment, here's how it goes...

Horace, the horse on the merry-go-round,
Goes up and down, 'round and 'round,
He's so sad since the day he found,
He's the very last horse on the merry-go-round.
The music began and away they go,
High and low, to and fro,
Poor old Horace would always say
"I'm the very last horse again today."
Horace tried and tried and tried,
But he just never could win.
Horace cried and cried and cried
Cause all the other horses were ahead of him

Then came the day on the merry-go-round
When Horace turned, looked around
Then said "Gosh oh gee --
I'm the very first horse on the merry-go-round,
All the others are following me!"





No comments:

Post a Comment