Friday, February 16, 2007

School

Well, I've been in school for three weeks now and I've already completed two classes (Algebra and Communications). Despite my hatred of math, I managed to pass the algebra class with a respectable grade and I'll find out on Tuesday what kind of grade I got in Communications. I did okay on the previous test and class assignments and Tuesday I'll get my grade for my speech project that I presented today and the take-home final exam. I did my speech on "Life in the NICU" so hopefully I don't lose points for making the class and teacher cry... or crying a little bit during the speech myself (a little embarrassing).

They told us at orientation that this program (Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technology) is a high stress program because it is excellerated but I didn't expect quite so much of a whirlwind education. Algebra consisted of 9 classes and 7 tests; Communications consisted of 3 classes, 2 tests and a speech presentation; and Biology has only been 3 days so far and there's already been a test. I am amazed that I'm keeping my head above water on this - especially with all that's going on with Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment