Friday, February 23, 2007

A Good Day

Yesterday, Kyle's MRA was in the afternoon so I went ahead to school in the morning. I got the test back from the day before and I got a B on the test even though I was afraid I hadn't done well enough to even pass the test (biology is not turning out to be my best subject).

After school, I went straight to the hospital and, after sitting in the family waiting area for over two hours, got to go up and see Kyle. He was intubated for the MRA but by the time they brought him to his room, he was extubated and smiling. The doctors and nurses all said that the MRA went well and we should be good for the open heart surgery next week. I was able to get them to move the surgery to Friday instead of Tuesday. This way, I don't have to miss school or miss the surgery. I know the surgery is more important than my class but since this is an accellerated program, missing one class (and in this case, one test as well) could set me back quite a bit so I'm relieved that they were able to schedule it for Friday, instead.

After I left the hospital, I went by the funeral home to finally order the "thumbie" necklace I had hoped to get with Eric's footprint on it. Then I headed home to get ready for swing dancing.

A friend of mine picked me up and we car-pooled to Centro Asturiano for a free night of swing dancing. The place was packed. I had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment