Thursday, July 24, 2008

4th of July Weekend


July 5th, Chris had a paintball game planned with Jay up in Lakeland and we had arranged to spend the weekend at my aunt and uncle's house in Winter Haven, nearby. So while Chris and Jay played, I got the three kids ready for a weekend in Winter Haven and drove the hour and a half to get there. What made it a real adventure was that half-way there, Hannah informed me that she had not gone potty before leaving the house and she didn't know if she could hold it. So I was left contemplating which would be more difficult... cleaning up a soiled booster seat or getting the double stroller and Hannah into a gas station bathroom. I decided to play the odds and Hannah did manage to hold it until we got to my aunt and uncle's house.

My cousin Marcy and her five current foster kids (Desi, Haley and Lexi, all around four years old, and Ethan and Austin, both about two years old) met us there and the kids immediately started playing together. Soon afterward, two former foster kids of Marcy's arrived (twins, Cory and Kyle) with their mother and her boyfriend and my other cousin Jenny arrived with her kids (two boys, Quinton and Chance, and a newborn girl, Kayleigh). My third cousin from that branch of the family (all on my dad's side, by the way), Frankie (AKA: Uncle Bubba), arrived later with his girlfriend, Amber. By the time Chris and Jay got there from paintball, Jenny and Marcy's husbands, Scott and Dan, and my aunt and uncle were all there too. So it was a full house as usual at Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Frank's house.
At one point while everyone was out of the room (the adults were all putting kids down for naps), Audrey apparently rolled over! She was on her back and when we came back in, she was on her tummy! She hasn't chosen to do it again since then

Hannah showed off her new talent for swimming...


No comments:

Post a Comment