Saturday, August 18, 2007

One's on the way!

Glitter Graphics

This could have easily gone under the drama post, too, but I thought it should get a post all its own.

Being two weeks late, I decided to take a pregnancy test just to be sure. I didn't think it would actually be positive. I picked up the cheapy off brand test from the store. After taking the test, I could see a faint line where there shouldn't have been but I thought, maybe it's just too cheap to give a clear negative. So I had Chris pick up the newest, most advanced pregnancy test -the new digital kind (As the commercial says, "it's the most advanced piece of technology... you will ever pee on"). There was not even a hint of "not" on the results. It was a clear, definitive "PREGNANT".

Needless to say, we're terrified.

I called around yesterday about getting an official pregnancy test so that I could get a note verifying the pregnancy for Medicaid and WIC. This is how I found out that the Pregnancy Center across the street from me with the big green sign saying "Free Pregnancy Tests" is actually a branch of the Pinellas County Pregnancy Center that I do the Walk-4-Life for every year. I had thought it was an abortion clinic because when I looked up pregnancy centers in my zip code, it came up with an abortion clinic across the street. There is an abortion clinic... It's behind the Pregnancy Center.

So I was able to get a free pregnancy test with a letter of confirmation to bring to Medicaid and WIC. My due date is estimated at March 28, 2008. My sister is pulling for March 31st (her birthday). I'm just pulling for a nine-month pregnancy! I've got to admit, I also would like a girl. It's so much easier for me to come up with girl names than boy names. I had a tough time coming up with four (Kyle, Robert, Frederic, & Dean) and now I'm all out of boy names.

No comments:

Post a Comment