Saturday, August 18, 2007

Car Blessings

The few days after the car died were interesting. Chris and I both woke up an hour early so that I could drive him to work in downtown Clearwater and then drive myself to Tampa. This got Chris to work a full hour before he had to be and at the end of the day his boss was giving him a ride home from work so he had to stay a little late to wait for her.

Then Thursday came. My classmate Scott asked me if we had resolved our transportation issue and I told him how we were managing it. He told me he had a car that he would like to GIVE me! I felt completely stunned. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Sure enough, we made arrangements for Saturday to go to Naples to pick up the car. His reasoning for giving me the car was that it was a "karma thing" and he was just "God's mule". Saturday morning, Jenn joined me and Scott for a road trip. (Naples is officially the farthest south I've ever been.) We drove out to Naples and picked up the 1988 Cadillac Fleetwood. It was a little tempermental to start out since it hadn't been driven but once in a full year. But once the dust shook off the engine, it proved to be a real sturdy, reliable car.

We are so blessed to have people in our life like Scott who see a need and fill it. Many people would have tried to get some money for such a good car, but he just wanted it to go to someone who needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment