Sunday, June 10, 2007

Almost home...

Wednesday afternoon, the nurses told us that it looked like Kyle was scheduled for discharge the next day (Thursday), so I took off from work Thursday so that I could go straight from class to get Kyle. When I got to the hospital, though, they told me that they did not have the discharge order yet. They were waiting on authorization from pulmonology and cardiology for him to go home. They also told me that there had been some discussion over whether or not he would go home, since he's scheduled for the fundoplication surgery next Wednesday. After I was there about an hour, they got the word from pulmonology that Kyle was free to go but they were still waiting on cardiology. After another hour, they told me that they weren't sure that cardiology would be by that day. It might be Friday. I finally left at around 4:00pm since they told me that it was doubtful he'd be discharged that day and I didn't want to fight rush-hour traffic.

I went swing dancing Thursday night as a celebration of my birthday. All major catastrophes were avoided on my birthday this year, as opposed to last year's adventures with our car being stolen and me going into premature labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment